Monday, October 25, 2010

Visitors!!!

So, Mike and I have been super busy working and serving in our callings. Mike was just called as the Scout Master for our Ward and I have been serving since our second week in this ward as the Young Women's Secretary. We are loving life and the challenges and triumphs that it brings and having visitors is always fun....
 This is my friend Eleanor her and I worked together at ASU she is so fun...
 Cool car show at Fall Festival we went to...
 Culinary competition put on by the Navy at Fall Festival...
 Men dressed up in different era's of uniforms for the Navy
 Silks a new acrobatic way to work out requires a lot of strength and ABS....
 Navy Bull Dog.... she is so cute....
 Flag on the active Navy base during our tour...
 This bell on the Navy base is only allowed to be rung during wedding ceremonies and baptisms....  Individuals that have gotten married on the base or baptized receive the honor of having there name inscribed on the inner part of the bell.... notice not very many get the opportunity for this occasion. 
 Mike in front of a house on the Navy base
 Erin in front of one of the Officer houses...
At the Potomac River... Kaiser wanted to jump in...
Even though this picture is blurry I like it a lot...
It was really muddy and silly me I wore flip flops.... Eleanor thought it would be funny to take a picture of me shaking the mud off my shoes.... there are more but this one was the funniest... :)
Eleanor and D.C. sky line... she is so pretty...
It was a lot of fun going to all the monuments with Eleanor her whole family is involved with the those who serve to keep our nation safe... it was so neat to hear reasons why men and women wear certain uniforms, different ranking system and to hear stories of her brothers serving... it brought such a deeper meaning and gratitude to my heart for our military men, women and there families.
I love this picture if you look close enough there is Mike smiling... :) He is so artistic with his photo's
Mike wanting to take a cool shot between the statues and me being a goof ball.... Mike says " this picture would have turned out so good if you would have smiled, why are you always goofy when I want to take pictures of you? " Erin says... " I get embarrassed when you take pictures of me because you make me blush "
Eleanor was telling me that in order to represent the United States colors and military flags you have to be 6 ft ___ something ...(i forgot how many inches)... Anyways we thought that these statues were only that tall but Mike informed us we were way off and that these statues were easily 8ft tall... lol we laughed and had to get a picture next to our "6ft" statues... :)
I love taking pictures of Mike he is so cute... :)
One of the spires to the Air Force Monument...
The following pictures touched my heart and made me cry the Men and Women who serve our country I will be eternally grateful for and will support them forever.



"Tell them that we gave our todays for their tomorrows"

1 comment:

d.jo said...

Those shots are gorgeous. I love how everything there is rich with history. I love that quote about how our service men and women gave their todays so that we can have our tomorrows. It makes me want to cry. I'm lucky to have this time in the land of the free.

Eleanor, you're lucky you got to go & Erin's right, you are very pretty!