Thursday, July 2, 2009

Freedom in the United States!

Hi Everyone,

It has been way to long since I have last seen my blog! I received an e-mail that my dad forwarded to me and wanted to share my thoughts on the price of our freedom. Freedom is by no means free it is a blessing we earn by standing up for what is right even if that means we are standing alone. Freedom is received by hard work, lot's of learning, and letting your voice be heard. The following quote was part of the e-mail my dad forwarded it really hit home.

Thomas Jefferson said this, "The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits." That is so powerful and true. We need to do all in our power to strengthen our homes, our families and the principles upon which this great nation was founded upon. You great women are doing just that! You are teaching and educating your children, your grandchildren, your neighbors and your friends about the cost of freedom, the sanctity of marriage, life and the preservation of the family. Our nation will not be great unless our homes and communties are strong. If we raise lazy, unappreciative, indulgent children, what do we expect in our future nation? We must stand for truth and freedom always!

No comments: